Wednesday 1 May 2013

Overview

Ok so I have now come to the end of the 12 things. I can't say that I have completely enjoyed the experience mainly due to the difficulties in accessing a lot of the things that have been talked about and frustrations with not being able to view things properly due to software issues.

However I now definitely have a much better understanding of all of the 12 things which have been disused.

Google alerts I think are great and I have been using them a lot in my personal life and I am working on ways to use them at work as well and the best thing of all is Google drive its fab I love it and I have managed to share documents easy peasie.

I already use Flickr and You Tube so am fairly well acquainted with these. It has been useful to be able to look at the other options especially creative commons as it is not one that I had heard of before however I don’t find it very easy to use. With regards to copyright I would be dubious about using some of the images unless I was 100% sure that all was ok. Unfortunately I am unable to look at Prezi and slideshow at work as large sections of them are blocked. I have been able to get an overview from the sections that i can see and I can see the benefits of them of them for work - as long as your Trust gives access to the social media sites that you can embed the slideshows into!!!!

The referencing resources are a must for people who are studying and having to reference. I have already recommend these to people who have been struggling. 

Again I was already familiar with the my library bookmarking and use it regularly. 


Overall I am glad that I undertook the 12 things tasks although things would have been an awful lot easier if I wasn't having to use a Trust computer. It often took me quite a while to work out that things weren't viewing correctly due to Trust computer issues or software. This made everything very frustrating at times and less enjoyable. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment